Queen Street Centre formed with the amalgamation of St Luke’s Union Church and Lansdowne Presbyterian Church in 2016. St Luke’s Church formed in 1973 when Wesley Methodist and Knox Presbyterian Churches formed a Union Parish. The red brick church had been re-roofed and redecorated six years earlier upon the centenary of Presbyterianism in the Masterton district. Both churches had histories of more than 100 years. The first church on the Knox site was a wooden building opened in 1869. It was replaced in 1905 with a brick church. This was enlarged in 1909 to accommodate the pipe organ still in use today and to provide additional seating. The wooden building had been moved behind the church and served as a hall and Sunday school rooms. This burnt down in 1938 and was replaced by McGregor hall. That hall was invaluable when the church was damaged and unable to be used for ten years after the 1942 earthquake. Knox reopened in 1952.